When packing your travel cheongsam and other clothing, the fabrics you choose determines your luggage comfort and size. In some places, you will need warm clothes while in other areas you will need clothes that keep you cool. Some types of fabrics are better than others considering the space they occupy in your bag.
So, what type of travel clothing should you pack in your bag?
Merino wool is one of the best fabrics for travel. Merino wool fiber tends to be soft and flexible. People that tend to be sensitive to traditional wool garments can comfortably wear merino.
- Merino wool comes with thermoregulating properties such that it keeps you warm when it’s cold, and it also keeps you cool when it is hot.
- It also has some natural antibacterial properties meaning you can wear it for a long time without it smelling.
- It also dries quickly while under the shade.
- It also has a lightweight; thus, it occupies a small space when packing.
- Some of the Chinese fabric made from merino wool include Icebreakers, which are made of merino blends and merino.
- However, Merino wool is sold at a high price.
- Just like merino wool, bamboo happens to be temperature regulating such that it keeps you warm when it is cool, and it also keeps you cool when it is hot.
- Clothes made of bamboo have a good layer and serves best when it is cold.
- Just like merino, you can wear it for a long time without it smelling and does not get wrinkles easily
- However, it does not dry quickly
Nylon and Polyester
Most people don’t like this fabric, but it is a good fabric for traveling
- Nylon and polyester tend to be thick and lightweight, thus keeping your skin dry.
- On the other hand, they tend to be quick-drying fabrics; thus, they dry quickly.
- However, they are termed as less breathable as compared to bamboo, cotton, and merino.
- Moreover, these materials cannot make you feel comfortable on the skin especially when the weather is hot, and they can also smell if not washed.
- This kind of fabric is good for your skin since it makes you feel smooth.it does not get wrinkles quickly.
- However, you don’t need to wear this fabric when it is warm because you might sweat a lot.
- This kind of fabric forms part of many wardrobes. It tends to be easy, breathable, and comfortable.
- However, it gets wrinkles easily and does not dry quickly.
Linen and silk
- Silk and linen happen to be lightweight, breathable, and comfortable fabrics and do not take considerable space in your suitcase.
- On the other hand, they normally get wrinkles quickly; however, they are suitable for travel.
Other aspects to look out for your travel clothing fabrics
Some clothes are not only meant for clothing you but also for protecting you. Most Chinese fabrics get to be treated with insecticides to protect you from various diseases and insects. Some others contain ultraviolet protection to protect you from excess sun. You also need some waterproof or water resistance clothing.
Lastly, pack clothes that match with the climate and activities of the places where you are traveling to.